Sunday, January 1, 2012

16 Week Update

I was avoiding these fill in the blank type questionnaires because I felt like they were impersonal, but they really are an easy way to summarize what is going on so here it is:


How Far Along: 16 weeks and 2 days
How Big Is Baby: The length of an avocado (about 4 1/2 inches long)
Total Weight Gain: I think around 5 lbs, but working on gaining a few more.
Sleep: I sleep like a baby! I used to get up to pee (1st trimester) up to 3 times a night, but now sometimes I have to get up once and sometimes not at all. I know they soon I will get too uncomfortable to get a good nights rest, but I it is too early for that. They say the second trimester is the honeymoon of pregnancy because it is the easiest.
Movement: I am feeling my little one move!!! The most amazing feeling ever!!! The movements are still subtle and are only about every or every other day at this point. I also only feel them when I am really still, usually when I am trying to fall asleep.
Food Cravings: I don't understand food craving..I have never had a I-need-it-NOW craving....ever! If someone mentions something that sounds good I may think, "wow, I would love some ___ right now", but I felt the same way before being preggo. 
What I Miss: Not much. Maybe sushi...oooh and ahi tuna. I do miss ahi tuna.
What I'm Looking Forward To: Feeling little Peanut all the time. Everyone says I will regret wanting to feel baby so much, but I figure this is probably my only pregnancy and I may only get to feel baby for a short 5 months I think I can handle it.
Milestones: Websites seem to vary on this topic, but some websites say baby can start to hear this week. I am going with the it because it is too cute to think she can hear us talking to her and I will never know if she really can't hear us yet.
Symptoms: Will people hate me if I say none? I really think I have had the easiest pregnancy (so far) know to (wo)man kind. I was tired the first trimester and my skin got pretty bad, but I have more energy now and my skin is finally clearing up. Yay!!
Other: I am excited to go back to school Tuesday to show off my new bump. I am also going to start sharing the news that I am pregnant and I can't wait to see how the kids (and teachers) react. I am a little scared of being exposed to all those winter kid germs. I have been living in a germ free bubble at home for the past 2 weeks and I just don't want to get sick :/

2 comments:

  1. This is a wonderful update post! I'm so glad that your pregnancy is going so well, and I'm so excited that you are starting to feel her move! I can't wait to hear more updates. I'll be saying prayers that you don't get sick as you head back to school. Enjoy showing off your belly :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I have to say that I still sometimes see my belly and think, "wow I am bloated today!" until I realize that it is actually baby (and a little bloat too).

    ReplyDelete