Sunday, January 15, 2012

18 Week Update

How Far Along: 18 weeks and 2 days
How Big Is Baby: The length of a sweet potato (about 5 1/2 inches long- baby grew one full inch in the past 2 weeks!) She also weighs about 6.7 oz which is not quiet 1/2lb.
Total Weight Gain: I think around 6 lbs. I originally thought I wasn't gaining enough, but at my appointments last week both  my CF dietitian and my OB said I was right on track. Still only eating when hungry and eating healthy. I was more than happy to force calories, but my dietitian said to do exactly what I am doing!
Sleep: I am still sleeping like a baby. I almost never have to pee in the night, but I always wake up with a full bladder. However, my dreams keep getting crazier and crazier!! I also sometimes dream of baby. I LOVE those dreams <3
Movement: The past couple of days she has been moving a lot! I started to feel her around Christmas, but then all of week 17 I felt nothing! I was trying not to worry because I know she is so tiny that regular movement isn't expected till after 20 weeks, but I was still stressed. My OB said that is completely normal and not to worry. Sure enough baby was healthy- great heart rate and measuring right on track. 
Food Cravings: Still no cravings. I still think they might be a myth, but who knows.
What I Miss: I miss my pre-pregnancy skin. My skin is much better now in the 2nd trimester, but I am still breaking out a little and since I can't use any acne face wash (you can't use benzole peroxide or Salicylic acid. I switched everything over to 100% natural products when I found out I was pregnant anyway, but I wish I could use a little acne wash once in a while) soI just have to stare at the little bumps and hope make-up covers them.
What I'm Looking Forward To: My anatomy scan. I seriously cannot wait to see our little baby again and I want to make sure she is healthy! I also want to make sure they still think she is a girl!!!
Milestones: Baby is yawning, hiccuping, rolling, twisting, kicking, punching, sucking and swallowing!
Symptoms: I had acid reflux for about a week, but I haven't experienced again this week at all. Little tip for acid (learned this in Nutrition about 7 years ago and never needed it till pregnancy) a natural way to alleviate acid is by drinking milk. Acid= acidic, milk=base so they neutralize each other. Quick story: I drank some juice right before bed and instantly felt acid reflux. I was all stressed because laying down makes it worse and I was trying to go to bed. I poured a full glass of milk and the second it was gone the acid was gone and I slept without any discomfort. But I did have to get up to pee after drinking so much before bed!! 
Other: My bump seems to be changing everyday and I love love love my bump! I looked at pics from prepregnancy and I couldn't believe how flat my (not so naturally flat) stomach looked. 

No comments:

Post a Comment