Monday, October 10, 2011

Quiet Lately

I know I haven't blogged in a few days which is weird for me. I actually miss it because blogging is a huge outlet for me. I have several blog entries started, but have yet to finish them so some rapid fire blogs will be coming soon.

I am a little busier than usual as I got a tutoring gig. I started this week and it is 5 days a week after school with a really fun 5th grader. She just moved to town and although she is super smart she needs help with motivation. She is awesome and I really like working with her! Kids are always fun and easier when it is one on one. I am a little worried that it is making me have a longer day which gets me on the road later which means more traffic. I am concerned that it is running into treatment/gym time, BUT it is great money. Originally I was going to tutor an hour a day each school day for $500/month. Now she may need 1/2 more each day which means I would have $750/month! Talk about good money!! It is also almost stress free. We sit in a quiet library, do her homework, study her spelling words, and that is it!! So much easier than my normal job and the money isn't too shabby!

Once I get my new routine down I think I will blog a lot more. I am  a creature of routine/habit and when my routine changes I need a few days to adjust in order to be productive again!

2 comments:

  1. Wow!! I love working with kids one on one. My favorite subbing days are in the R.T.I. classrooms - so much less stress and drama. That's an awesome cash opportunity!!! :) I miss your blogs but am glad you are getting more opportunities in education!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree that one on one is really fun and a lot less stressful. I am excited for the extra cash, but am still adjusting to fitting in my treatments as well as tutoring...

    ReplyDelete