Sunday, October 23, 2011

OUCH!!!!

October 13, 2011

I am a little tired today, but it could be due to the fact that when I wake up to pee (around 4:00) most mornings I cannot fall back asleep and so I am really lacking in the sleep department. Anyway, besides being a little tired I a new preggo symptom has found its way into my small pregnant body. Let me explain.

Yesterday I had a symptom free day. I wasn't tired, my chest wasn't sore, I was eating normally, and all was fine. Actually, all was not fine because these days scare the crap out of me. Having all preggo symptoms (which is very few for me at the moment) disappear makes me paranoid that something is wrong. Well, this morning I was glad to feel like my chest was 15 pounds heavier than yesterday although they don't look any bigger than yesterday they just FEEL like they are HUGE! So I woke up happy because my chest was telling me that I was indeed still preggo. Whew!

Then on my morning commute I got a huge scare! I was having chest pains. I was kinda freaking out thinking I was gonna have a heart attack. Okay, that is a little dramatic, but I was wondering what the heck was going on. So after several minutes of this chest pain I touch the part of my chest that hurts which was kinda central. I am not sure why i did this, but sometimes when you are in pain or worried you might die it is better to pretend to assess the situation and make a non medical prognosis. I somehow believed by touching my chest I could figure out what the pain was caused by. Well, guess what? Who needs med school because I totally diagnosed myself. As my hand gently touched my chest I almost yelped in pain. It was my chest as in the baby feeders growing ON my chest! Holy smokes they hurt by the lightest touch and I realized they were hurting simply by existing. So thankfully I am not having a heart attack and am simply getting ready to nourish a human life.

**Update: October 23rd. My baby feeders have calmed down in the pain category. I still have to give weird "far away hugs" so that my girls don't get squeezed, but at least they don't hurt all the time now. They are much bigger and kinda tingly now. I am not minding the bigger part of it, but kinda wondering how big they will be when the milk comes in though...yikes!

2 comments:

  1. I laughed so hard during this ENTIRE post. In all seriousness, I am very VERY glad you were not having a heart attack. I, however, would have done the EXACT same thing. For some reason, I feel that making the non-medical diagnosis is the best thing to do when worried lol. Also, I love your name for them: baby feeders. It cracks me up! :) Glad they are feeling better now! I wouldn't mind having mine grow a bit :-P Thank you for sharing and giving me a good laugh during my treatment :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG it is amazing what these hormones can do to your body! Glad I am not the only one who gives self diagnosis :)

    ReplyDelete