Saturday, May 26, 2012

Full Term


How Far Along: 37 weeks 2 days! 
How Big Is Baby: Winter squash! I had a growth scan a few weeks ago and the doctor told me baby was growing right on track. I was so happy to hear she was healthy I forgot to ask the weight estimate and now I am sure she has grown by then.
Total Weight Gain: 20lbs. I think this may be all I will gain or a few more pounds. My weight has tapered off which I guess is normal in late pregnancy. I get full so fast due to my stomach being squished. I am trying to eat several small meals a day, but it still isn't nearly as much as the monstrous proportions I was eating in second tri.
Sleep: So I finally joined the no sleep club!! I wake up to pee about 5 times a night which I don't really mind. But I also wake up to heartburn often which sucks. I also randomly get itchy all over only when I am trying to sleep which drives me nuts!
Movement: I miss my baby! Her movements are SO different and I desperately miss her crazy antics. She is facing my back which makes movement much harder to feel AND she is so squished that I feel her pushing and rolling a little, but nothing like the wild kicks I used to get. :( 
What I Miss: See above.
What I'm Looking Forward To: Finishing her nursery 100%. I am doing all her wash as we speak since we finally got her dresser yesterday. Her room is almost done, but still needs some finishing touches. I know I should have been more prepared as she could show up any day now, but I should be done by Monday. So Peanut, stay put until Monday at the very earliest!!
Milestones: She is just about finished being cooked. She is still practicing the skills she will need outside the womb and is getting bigger. Her brain is still developing, but she is already considered full term. Yay!
Symptoms: heartburn, peeing a lot, and bad skin, and random sporadic itchiness.
Other: Loving maternity leave. I love sleeping in and resting when i want to. I realized though that when I worked full time the house was always clean, but not perfect. Now that I am home all day looking at the house I notice things like a smudge on the mirror or some lint on the carpet that i never noticed when i was so busy. So now I crazily clean all the time. My husband loves me being home because I now do 100% of the chores (except he does his own laundry and he does cook sometimes since he enjoys it as is an amazing cook) instead of 50% of the chores. Unfortunately, it will be short lived because I am sure our house will be less than tidy when the baby arrives until we get in a routine.

2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness! I love this post so much. I'm so glad that you're at full-term, and I can't believe little Peanut will be making her way into the world very soon. I can't wait to hear what name you've picked out, and I am so ready to see pictures! Truly, I am so happy for your that I can't even express it in words. Ahhh!! Just so EXCITED! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, we are beyond excited as well. Truthfully, the whole thing is still very surreal!!

    ReplyDelete