Monday, May 7, 2012

Work and Such

So I have been debating greatly about whether to stop work or not. My husband would like me to because he feels I should rest and get ready for baby. I see his point and know he is probably right, but I can't help feel like I am not ready to leave yet. I don't feel bad just tired and I still feel like I get enjoyment out of my work. I also like routine and keeping busy as it actually gives me energy. I find I get lethargic when I stay home all day which makes me feel lazy and tired which leads to feeling more lethargic and it is a whole nasty cycle. I have always worked and it feels weird being unemployed by choice.

On the other hand I am approaching my ninth month of pregnancy and have a serious chronic illness. I have been so lucky with such a healthy pregnancy and I don't want to push my luck. I am slowing down and my days are crazy and hectic now that I have an obscene amount of doctor appointments.

So this debate has been running through my head everyday and driving me nuts. I logged on to Facebook to find a quote a friend posted from the Dalai Lama:

"Man sacrifices his health in order to make money. Then, he sacrifices money to recuperate his health. And then he is so anxious about the future, that he does not enjoy the present moment. As a result, he does not live in the present or the future, he lives as if he is never going to die, and then he dies having never truly lived" - the Dalai Lama, when asked what surprises him the most.


Touche, Dalia Lama, touche!

 This week or next week will be my last week of work.





No comments:

Post a Comment