Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Why is it...

So my gross tolerance is through the roof when it comes to my mucus. I cough into a clear cup when doing my treatments so I can keep tabs on the viscosity, color, texture, and amount of mucus I cough up. I take pics of my big plugs which I know is beyond weird, but they are so darn fascinating. When my husband started looking at old vacation pics I warned him about my plug pics and he proceeded anyway. He just kept staring at the plug pic without even blinking. I wasn't sure what to make of his reaction until he said, "I CANNOT believe that came out of your lungs." My thoughts exactly and the reason for the photograph! Also when I have a cold (like now) I use my sinus rinse three times a day, but get this I plug the drain. Yes, you heard me right I plug the drain so I can see what comes out of my sinuses. Again I look at amount, color, texture, etc. This helps me determine how bad my cold has gotten and if I need to call the doc. Don't worry no sinus mucus pics have ever been taken.

So here is what baffels me. Today in class a kid sneezed before he had time to get a tissue. He had a long string of mucus hanging from his nose while he ran to the back to grab a tissue and cleaned it up and

I

almost

BARFED!!!!!!

OMG talk about gross. Why is it that other people's bodily fluids (mucus)  so much more disgusting than our own?!?

3 comments:

  1. omg i'm the same! I can't stand to see my husband do anything disgusting, pick his nose, pick his feet, cough up mucus etc but I can quite happily examine my mucus. I suppose it's because we have to! My husband doesn't mind looking at my mucus either. True love I think...!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you are right! If we were grossed out by our mucus we wouldn't be able to get through the day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think spitting is the most disgusting thing, even though I do it A LOT during the day (and I can live with mine. I examine my mucus all the time, too. But when someone else spits, like my husband, I get so disgusted. I cannot stand other people's mucus, just mine!

    ReplyDelete