Thursday, September 29, 2011

Sleeping Through the Night Again

I just finished my two week course of the cipro/bactrim (or was it levequin/bac I never pay attention anymore) and I am grateful for one main reason. Sure getting better is nice, and not having to take a pill saves me 12 seconds a day, but these are not the best parts of being antibiotic free. There is something much better than all of these combined...not waking up in the middle of the night to pee!!! Since I take the pills when I wake up and then again before bed I always end up drinking a full glass of water before bed. A full glass of water before bed = waking up at 4 in the morning to empty a really full bladder. I am usually a really nice and easy going person, but don't mess with my sleep. Just ask my husband when he snores, it is not pretty. And besides how do you get better without a full nights sleep? So I am happy to say that I can now sleep my full 7 or 8 hours a night without bladder interruptions.

And for all you people rolling your eyes and thinking, "Well, why the heck doesn't she take her pills earlier int he evening and avoid the whole problem?" I know. Sounds dumb but unless I take take pills first thing in the morning, with meals, or at bedtime I will never remember them. I am now off to a restful night of zzz's.

2 comments:

  1. oh my goodness!! I feel you so much cyster! I have the same problem when I'm on an antibiotic. I always take it at night because otherwise I don't remember it and I find myself chugging water (one because of the pill itself and its water requirement, but two because abx make me thirsty)! I'm so glad that you are able to get some sleep now!! Yay!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks I am sleeping much better now :) Sorry you deal with the same thing! Oh the joys of abx!

    ReplyDelete