Sunday, July 3, 2011

Psycho CFer

I have turned into an obsessive psycho CFer in hopes of improving my health. I have to explain that despite my Drs disapproving looks and sighs, I work at a school. Yes! I know children are slimy balls of jumping germs. I know they will gladly sneeze or cough right in your face; I have had several colds due to this coughing in face act. I know they carry chicken pox, the flu, the common cold and oh so much more. BUT, by working at a school a CFer has 2 FULL months to work obsessively on their health. What other jobs allows you to do this? Uh, none that I know of. And even if there is another job that does, you probably don't get hugged 32 times a day and told, "I love you" by your co-workers.

Anyways, back to my point. I am off for the summer, but the hubbers and all my friends still have regular jobs so....I occupy my time with tons of treatments. Just the other day, my husband came home and looked at me and said, "Wow, seems like all you do is treatments!" Yup, it's true! And guess what? I coughed up 2, yes, I said 2 plugs in ONE cough!!! I know! Amazing right? And one was super fatty and big. Gross, but so cool. I had to inspect it for an hour thinking how gross it is that these are ALL over my lungs.

Now that I am doing crazy amounts of lung therapy and exercise, I can feel where my plugs are. It is weird, like all the junk cleared out around the plugs and I am super aware of where they are hanging out. I should say I know where some of the plugs are because I am sure I have dozens. Well, my mission this summer is to get as many out as possible, but as any CFer knows plugs are hard to move. The other problem is one of my problem spots is right behind my lady friend (I feel weird saying boob on my blog). This sucks because if it was anywhere else I could have hubbers pound away with chest percussion, but no can do thanks to the lady friend. Sigh.

I have an appointment in August so my goal is to be in the high 50s (wishful thinking??) by my next appointment. My (very) recent all time high was 54% which is still crazy because my norm had become 46-49% Okay, now I am rambling...

2 comments:

  1. Hello Fellow CFer....
    I came across your blog while on Cysticfibrosis.com. I have to say, I fell in love with your blog right away. I kind of felt like I was reading about myself. I am 28 years old, recently married, have an amazing spouse, looking to have a baby and now I just realized that we both work in the schools. I am currently enjoying my summer break and my main goal is to get healthy! Looks like our diet issues (I drink Ensure Plus, too) and FEV1 scores (mine was 60) are the same, too. Anyways, just wanted to let you know that there is someone out there who knows EXACTLY what you are going through. I have to say that its just life, people ask if it is hard but it is all I have ever known and is just a part of my day.

    I look forward to reading your blogs and laughing at how much we have in common. Have a great summer!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for your comment! I am so happy to see someone else that can relate. Without being able to meet CFers face-to-face it can often feel like nobody understands our struggles. This is actually why I wanted to start a blog. I wanted to get to know other CFers and allow others to see they are not alone.

    Sounds like you have a great attitude! Feel free to keep in touch! Enjoy your summer away from school and keep me posted on your future growing family :)

    ReplyDelete