Friday, July 29, 2011

Back To Where I Started

So I have been on cipro and bactrim for a few days now and I feel almost back to baseline. I am still more tired than usual, but lung wise I feel good. In fact, my peak flow is back to my personal best! This may be the first time in my life that I caught an infection right away. Usually when I feel bad I give it a day or two because sometimes I just have a random off days. Then I usually try to do a few more treatments for a few days to see if that will clear it up and then usually I am super sick and need meds and am thinking, why oh why didn't I call sooner? I am no longer going to try to wait it out because it simply does not work.

Nausea is still involved in all aspects of my life. I have a feeling I am going to be losing weight because of these stupid meds. Last night I did manage to eat a bowl of cereal without wanting to die so that is a positive. Of course cereal for dinner would make my doctors frown and crinkle their eyebrows at me, but then again I could just throw up on them to show that this nausea means business. I am even disgusted by my Ensure which is usually my go to snack.

A little Fizzy NAC update: The flavor = eew. The ease of it = nice. The cost = sucks. The benefits of it = ???
I just can't tell due to being on meds and still a little under the weather. I am not sure what it is supposed to feel like, but apparently people say they feel much better on it. I will tell you if I feel anything in the upcoming weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment