Friday, March 9, 2012

Daddy Got Kicked!!!!

Daddy felt movement and we couldn't be more excited!!! Little Peanut loves being upright (breech) and adores having her little toes near my bladder which makes for a fun day at school. The bad part about this favored position (besides the obvious) is that nobody can feel her powerful kicks except me and my bladder. She will flip around once in a while, but only when I am home alone or when I get up to pee in the night and hubbers is sound asleep. Finally, FINALLY two nights ago she decided to cooperate!

Hubbers and I were snuggling on the cough talking about our day when of course we both fell asleep. Around one we woke up and made out way to the bed. We were just about to doze off when Peanut decided to give me some crazy kicks on my side. Now this has happened before and the second I wake my husband and tell him where to put his hand she stops or moves completely. I debated nudging him from his almost sleep state, but after 3 really hard kicks I figured it was worth a shot. He placed his hand on my belly and we waited. Silly Peanut already causing trouble. We were both exhausted and about to give up when I felt a thump.
"Did you feel that?" I asked
"I think so..."
"You did!?!" I practically screamed with excitement followed by, "Did you feel that?"
"Yes, there was a thump then a thump thump." My husband tapped my belly where he felt the kicks. I was so ecstatic because that is exactly what I felt.
 The next few seconds consisted of my husband singing some cheer song in Spanish to our little Peanut followed by my belly being showered with kisses. I am not sure which one of us was more excited, but that night I had the best sleep of my life and I am pretty sure my husband did too!

No comments:

Post a Comment