Thursday, March 15, 2012

3rd Tri and a Cold

I am officially (by most sources) in the 3rd trimester!!! I can't believe how quickly time is flying by! I sometimes feel like I have barely started this pregnancy and it will be over in 3 months! I want to meet Peanut more than anything, but part of me does not want to have this pregnancy end especially since it may be my only pregnancy. I don't want to lose my bump and I love knowing my little girl is with me everywhere I go.

The other part of me is very nervous about third trimester. Unlike my friends who are worried about labor and delivery or the discomforts of pregnancy I am more concerned on how my CF will be effected by the lack of space for my lungs. I was talking to a co-worker who was saying she remembers feeling like she could never take a full breath by the end of pregnancy and how it was such a relief to just be able to BREATH again after her son arrived. That is exactly why I am a little scared of third tri!

I may have finally developed a cold. I spent a large portion of last night coughing and woke up to the tickly feeling in my throat that always seems to accompany a cold. My colds usually start with either a sore throat or a tickly throat/chest area, followed by incessant coughing for about 48 hours which results in a loss of voice. Then it either goes away like normal people or it turns into a respiratory infection. I have been so lucky with this pregnancy, but I am so disappointed to get a cold. Yes, I work with a bazillion little germy students everyday and yes most people do develop a cold once in 9 months, but I am still not happy about it. My friend was complaining that when you are sick in pregnancy it is so much worse because you can't take anything. I wish that was my only concern. I usually don't take anything for colds anyway, but I am just so worried about it going to my lungs. I am going to try my hardest to avoid a respiratory infection. It is a good think I have clinic on Monday so if my lung function is hit by this cold I can catch it right away.

Last piece of news, my best friend who is also pregnant is visiting tomorrow for the weekend. I am so excited to have a preggo weekend and spending quality time together. I really hope I am not coughing the whole weekend!!

No comments:

Post a Comment