Friday, August 5, 2011

Public Pool Humiliation

Okay, the title is a little dramatic, but I can be dramatic at times. At least THIS pool humiliation was not as bad as my last public pool humiliation. At least this time I kept me clothes on for goodness sake! I must worn you it is gross and has to do with mucus so if that grosses you out feel free to move along...

This was a particularly busy day at the gym pool and every lane had at least 2 people in it. I chose a lane with the 65 year old man I like to swim next to because we swim at the same pace. I am not sure if it was from the antibiotics or the NAC or maybe it was just one of those days, but my lungs felt amazing. For the first time in a long time my legs gave out before my lungs! So at one point after doing a set of laps I needed to a break to let me poor legs rest. I was at the end of the lane breathing hard trying to catch my breath. Now before I continue I must add a seemingly small, but in fact significant detail. There is a hot tub, spa, and steam room in the same location. The hot tub people are really close to the pool and can basically watch you swim while they relax. This will come into play later. So I am huffing and puffing because even though my legs wore out first, my lungs still got a major workout. Now please note I was not coughing because I am very good at covering my cough. Rather, I was simply breathing hard when all of the sudden a lovely ball of bright green slim came flying out of my body and plopped into the pool right in front of me.

OMG! I have never "lost" a little friend without coughing, it just doesn't happen. I was SO shocked. I wanted to quickly scoop it up because it was quite sizable and bright and DISGUSTING! I tried to scoop once, twice, and three times. The water was sloshing around too much from the other swimmers to get a good grip on that nasty little blob. I could feel the hot tub people burning holes into me as I frantically fruitlessly scooped at the water. Okay, I don't know for a fact that anyone noticed, but I was too humiliated to even look. I started to notice that my lap partner was approaching the wall and he always takes a breather before doing another lap. OMG! He will see this toxic waste I spewed in the pool and what then? I couldn't face the humiliation so I did as any other polite courteous law abiding citizen would do...I swam away and FAST!

I know it gross and I am sure you are all glad that I don't swim in your pool. Heck, I didn't even want to swim with me after I saw my mucus. But if it makes you feel any better I think the chemicals in the pool killed any bacteria and on my return lap I saw that it had pretty much dissipated so no one will go home with a glob in their hair. Regardless, I still feel humiliated and have no idea how many people saw me scrambling after a slimy green blob in the pool. I love swimming, but I sure find ways to humiliate myself in the pool a lot!

No comments:

Post a Comment