Wednesday, August 24, 2011

WTF Periods

About a year ago I went off of birth control after being on for a long time. I assumed my period would be wacky because they were before birth control, but I was also a lot skinnier back then. Miraculously, they were totally normal. I used a calendar to keep track of when they started, ended, and when I believed I ovulated. For the first time in my existence when the nurse at a doctors appointment asked me, "When was the first day of your last menstrual cycle." I didn't have to look at her like she was crazy and then make up some random date that sounded good. 

Here is where the WTF part comes in. The second the hubber and I decided to start trying to have a baby my pretty little predictable periods got all messed up. Really, what is up with that? The first month it was really early. That was kinda nice because my two week wait was not two weeks and I didn't have to wait too long to be disappointed. This month it was supposed to come the 19th. It is now the 24th. I actually think I ovulated a week late so I wasn't overly concerned (although weirded out that my body decided to ovulate late), but now I am spotting a lot. WTF! My body was in working order a few months ago and now it needs to get it's act together!

I know I know, stress makes your body do weird things. The problem is trying not to stress about stressing is well, stressful! And during the two week wait how do you not think about it every second your not busy? I don't think it is possible. So for now I am stressed about stressing too much, thinking about my two (or this month 3) week wait, and watching my body tease and taunt me by taking my pretty little cycle and making it go crazy. All you other cysters (or non-cysters) that are ttc I hope very much that your body is behaving much more appropriately than mine!

BTW school is still going well and I decided I just love my job because kids really are just the cutest people to spend all day with!

2 comments:

  1. Hey - I've been having a very similar problem with my period, too. Kind of makes it hard to plan things when it's coming later and later (for me). I talked to my CF doc. about it today and she said that I should talk to an OBGYN about it to see if we should track my hormone levels each month. I'm wondering if you could/should do that, too? Just a suggestion. Good luck, hope it gets better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ugh! I think you must be right about the hormones. I am going to schedule an appointment with my OB after work today. Let me know what you find out with your OB and I will do the same!

    ReplyDelete