Sunday, August 14, 2011

It's Official!

So my husband and I decided to officially start trying to conceive. Of course, I am not telling anyone outside of my blog world because I don"t want extra pressure or people judging my abilities to get pregnant. I originally was nervous about even sharing on the blog when we decided to start ttc, because I thought I would be embarrassed if it took too long. After doing a lot of research and looking at forums I realized that CFers really range in the amount of time it takes for them to conceive. Most people take at least a year, but the range I saw was as long as 7 years and as short as one month. I was somewhat discouraged reading cysters' stories because I want to be pregnant now, not 3 years from now. I figured if I am going to write a blog about CF and trying to get pregnant I must share my ttc journey as long as it may be.

I am trying not to put too much pressure on myself. We tried once 2 months ago (last month I was on meds) and I cried when I got my period. Ridiculous, I know, but we have been prepping for a baby for so long that even though we only tried one month it felt like years! My sister (no CF) was so sweet and told me not to worry if it took a long time because she wants to try in 2 years and the longer it takes me the closer in age our kids will be. I am trying to use that as a way to keep myself from getting stressed.

 My major concern right now besides thick CF cervical mucus (mucus just won't give us cysters a break!) is that after baby dancing I often have to cough and I worry that if we finish baby dancing and I cough the swimmers get pushed away from where they are going. I wonder if this is true? I will keep you updated periodically and we will see how this all plays out.

No comments:

Post a Comment