Monday, August 15, 2011

Clinic Updates

This is a quick update, but I had my 3 month appointment at the clinic today and wanted to report some good news. Here is the run down:

  • weight is up. I am 5'4" and weight 125lbs. I was 123 last time.
  • My O2 sats were 98%
  • My FVC is now 97%. My FVC is always significantly higher than my FEV1 so I wasn't all that surprised.
  • My FEV1 is now at a recent all time high of 57%
Never thought the day that I could even dream about 60%, but now I am not too far off. I really am still in shock. I know this disease has a mind of its own and that we really can't control our numbers, BUT I do believe swimming (and Cayston) is why my numbers have gone up almost 10% in the past 6 months after 6 years of averaging in the 40s.

We discussed baby making with the nutritionist and the Dr so I will update you on everything from the changes in vitamins, what the doc said about pregnancy with FEVs in the 50s, about trying to conceive and the hurtles that come along with CF and ttc. So exciting and intimidating! I am off to my sister's house, but I will fill in all those little details tomorrow.

Also I found my chart with my FEV history so I will be adding that sometime this week...finally!

No comments:

Post a Comment