Sunday, August 21, 2011

School Days, School Days, Dear Old Golden Rule Days

So it's that time of year again. School time! I officially start back at work on Monday and the kids show up Tuesday. I am very excited to start work again because I get so stir crazy in the summer. We had a meeting Friday and it was so nice to see everyone again. It is amazing how much more you like your co-workers after a 2 month break!

Although I love working and feel rather lazy and worthless on summer vacation. Mainly because I am uber lazy in the summer. So lazy that my husband came home from work the other day and exclaimed, "Wow. you are wearing make-up today!" Yes, that is how bad my relaxing summer got! So despite being excited about starting school again I have a few apprehensions. The first and foremost has to do with my health. I have increased my PFTs since summer started. I started doing treatments 3x/day, swimming, yoga, sleeping 8+ hours a night and being oh so good to myself. When school starts I will have 6:00 mornings and a much busier schedule! I am a little worried that I will not get enough sleep and miss more treatments because well, life sometimes gets in the way. When you have no life (read: summertime) it is hard for it to get in the way.

The second problem is one that all people who work with, have, or have seen children know is a huge issue with children. They are so GERMY (like how I made it neon green- a CFers worst nightmare). Last year a few days into work I was leaning over helping a kid on the computer. She turned to ask me a question. We were face to face. She opened her mouth and started, "How do I...ACHOO!!!" Being sprayed violently with little germy particles is not so fun regardless of your health status. Luckily, as I wiped the goopy slime from my face she did apologize, but the apology was not enough to keep me from getting nasty little cold. It is so hard to avoid getting sick when there are 30 people crawling with germs. I keep hand sanitizer with me at all times and take airborn or emergen-C as if my life depended on it, but it is so hard not to pick up what those little rascals are oh so willing to share. I am especially nervous for the first few weeks because it seems that after being in a relatively germ free environment for 2 months being inundated with bacteria, virus, and germs is not so conducive to good health! Who would have thought! 


So all you CF teachers, aids, and school workers good luck with your new school year and as hard as it is STAY HEALTHY!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment