Saturday, April 14, 2012

31 Weeks..Time Needs To Slow Down!

How Far Along: 31 weeks 2 days! 9 weeks left although it could range between 7-11 weeks. Man, that seems to be too big of a range. My CF doc said my goal should be 38 weeks, but I think this little one may be on the late side since she is my first. We will see...
How Big Is Baby: A pineapple- sounds painful!
Total Weight Gain:
 I have been trying to force myself to eat which has been hard due to current circumstances. When I do eat I try to stuff myself to the brim (yuck) because my weight tapered off before all this stress. I haven't stepped on a scale because I don't need any extra worry at the moment and I am doing my very best to eat a lot and high calorie.
Sleep: Sleep has been so much harder this week, but I highly doubt it has anything to do with pregnancy.
Movement: OMG! There are days that I wonder how she has the energy to move SO much. Thursday she rolled and tumbled and kicked so much that I am not sure more than 10 minutes went by without some crazy movement. Did she even sleep at all?? Seems 30 weeks was when she decided to transition from a mellow baby to a wild child!
What I Miss: Not much at the moment.
What I'm Looking Forward To: Lots of things, but baby related I am excited to finish the nursery.
Milestones: All 5 senses are in working order. Not sure what there is to see in there...
Symptoms: I am skipping this for the week because I think anything I am feeling now is not due to pregnancy.
Other: I am pretty sure my baby is already a little bilingual...okay maybe not, but she sure seems to like Spanish!

My husband spoke Spanish for 18 years before he learned English so we have decided to raise this baby bilingual. Her dad will speak Spanish to her and I will speak English and a tiny bit of Spanish since I will be home with her all day. 

Last night after my husband and I got in bed he decided to rub my belly to wake baby up. Even though a squirmy baby is not the easiest thing to fall asleep to I still LOVE when hubby plays with Peanut so I wasn't going to stop it. Within a few moments she was awake and wiggly, but not overly active. In all honesty, she was probably trying to reposition herself away from my husbands rubbing hand! Once she was awake he was talking o her trying to get her to give him a kick. She is getting squished so she is kicking less often and doing more stretching, rolling, and squirming. We both miss those kicks, but Peanut was non responsive to his request. I turned to him and said, "You are asking in the wrong language." He then requested her to kick in Spanish and she instantly gave out the hardest kick I have felt in days! Haha, okay I am know baby can't understand any language at this point, but it was pretty funny and ironic!

No comments:

Post a Comment