Tuesday, April 12, 2011

I am baaaack!

So after being our of town for over a week I am happy to say that I am back. The good news is I went to Las Vegas with the hubby which was on my "to do before baby" checklist. I went with friends in the past and ever since I met my hubby I wanted to go with him and have a crazy and wild weekend. I also knew that once we had a baby Vegas would be out of the question for a long time. Sure you can go on vacation with a little one, but bars, nightclubs, and scantily clad women isn't really my idea of a family vacation. Also, as I get older I require more and more sleep and need to take better care of myself so I can't see myself having wild nights out in my 30s even though the average nonCFer easily can.

The bad news is that I was not overly compliant with my meds. I did Albuteral at least once a day, but it should be twice. I also did my Pulmozyme a few times, but it should be EVERY day. I took my enzymes without fail and did pretty well with my supplements and other pill type meds. I stopped Cayston because I knew I wouldn't be able to do it 3x a day and I didn't want to build up resistance. I was pretty good at doing the Flutter, but missed a couple times throughout the week when we got home really late.

I feel more that a little guilty and sometimes when I miss some treatment I feel like I have forever ruined part of my lungs. The AMAZING part is that my mucus is still light yellow which means I did not build up too much bacteria. I know that I have OF COURSE built up bacteria by neglecting some of my meds and not doing as much airway clearance, BUT it wasn't to the degree I anticipated. I assumed I would have very thick dark mucus at this point and need meds. This proves one very important point to me. Doing all this extra stuff is REALLY paying off. In the past missing one or two flutter treatments would allow my bacteria to flourish and I would be in big trouble as in needed oral meds. I know I need to work double time in order to make up for the lack of care last week, but at least I feel fine and my mucus looks okay so I will most likely not feel too many ill affects from this fun vacation.

No comments:

Post a Comment