Thursday, April 14, 2011

No, I am not getting paid to say this.

I was having a about-to-be-under-the-weather type lung day. My lungs felt fuller than usual and as a result I was coughing much more than usual. Blah. I was figuring that the week away and not so compliant vacation was finally catching up with me. I debated whether or not I wanted to go to yoga because I didn't want to be coughing the WHOLE time. I figured my health was more important than avoiding possible humiliation so I decided to make myself go. Most people know I have CF so they know my cough isn't contagious.

I got to yoga and something crazy happened. Now I must warn you I have no reason to promote kundalini yoga and do not get paid, in fact nobody from my yoga studio even knows I have a blog. I instantly felt more opened in my airways. Deep breathing was NOT a problem and I was able to successfully complete ALL aspects of the class without a problem. No wheezing, no crackles, and very little coughing. I was in shock!! I am so excited I almost want to go to yoga more times a week, but it is not cheap so for now I will be satisfied with what I have.

One last note. I know yoga did not make my mucus disappear and that I will have to work EXTRA hard this weekend at clearing my lungs to avoid infection and build up, but I can't deny how amazing I felt during the class.

No comments:

Post a Comment