- I thought that I would have trouble getting all my treatments in once baby came,
I have only missed 2 treatments in the whole 8 weeks Kaylee has been alive. Not too shabby if you ask me!
- I thought I would get in a nice exercise routine (even if it was just walking) soon after she arrived and then a more intense exercise routine after my 6 week check up,
With weather in the hundreds walking is out and I have yet to drag my butt to mommy and me yoga even though I was cleared for exercise 2 weeks ago. Shh don't tell my CF docs!
- I thought I would lose weight rapidly from breastfeeding since that was one of my doctors big concerns with breastfeeding,
I am still 1lb over my baseline and have been sitting steady at that weight for about 4 weeks now. I have been eating like crazy and it seems to be working! Yay!
- I thought I would have Kaylee sleep in a bassinet for 3 months and then transfer her into a crib in her own room,
Once they handed her to me I never wanted to let her go so we bed-share (GASP!). Never in a million years did I think I would bed share, but now I can't imagine NOT bed-sharing. I will post more about this later. (And NO I have never ever come close to rolling over her or tossing her out of the bed like everyone makes you think. I think babies and mamas, especially when breastfeeding, are so connected that under normal circumstances this is highly unlikely).
- I thought I would start getting more sleep after 6 weeks since all my friends told me that babies sleep for longer stretched after 6 weeks,
My baby loves to eat and still nurses every 2-3 hours at night. Honestly, if my baby needs mommy time that often I don't mind waking for her. Since we bed share when she is hungry she can simply latch on and enjoy! I find that this allows all of us a lot more sleep and I think is the reason she never cries- she doesn't have a need to!