Tuesday, May 17, 2011

The Normal People

I had a friend the other day commenting about how much she hates allergies, but more than allergies she hates being dependent on allergy meds. She was telling me that she is trying SO hard to move to more natural ways of avoiding allergies such as nasal rinses. She currently takes one pill and a nasal spray to keep allergens at bay.

It was funny to me because it made me realize how nonCFers don't take a bucket load of pills/meds everyday. It is so ingrained in my life that I don't seem to really notice how many meds I take. In fact, I never think about it unless I get the shipment from CF Services or I have to go over my meds at the doctor.

Although I will always be on meds for the rest of my life, I could completely understand where she was coming from. I only go on meds that I feel the benefits outweigh the risks. For me meds keep me alive. meds > death. Easy answer, but for non-CFers I can see the decision being a little more complicated.

No comments:

Post a Comment