Friday, June 8, 2012

39 Weeks- Watermelon

Baby is the size of a watermelon now...makes me sound real attractive.


How Far Along: 39 weeks 1 day! 
How Big Is Baby: Watermelon...that sounds so good right now!
Total Weight Gain:
 21lbs as of Wednesday. Not too shabby!
Sleep: I talked to my OB about my heartburn and he told me to take liquid antacid (I always thought it was antiacids with the prefix anti (counteracting, against, or opposite, but apparently its antacid...). So now I sleep sooooo much better. 
Movement: Still squirming and wiggling. The other day I looked at my stomach cause it felt funny and my right side was twice as big as my left! OMG it was crazy. My husband made me take a picture cause it looked so bizarre. 
What I Miss: My energy...the last week is exhausting!
What I'm Looking Forward To: Holding, kissing, and snuggling my little baby for the first time.
Milestones: She is pretty much cooked so not a whole lot of new exciting news.
Symptoms: I am FINALLY getting some tightening and braxton hicks. Yay!
Other: People keep asking if I am nervous for labor. I know it is supposed to be the hardest most painful thing you can experience and yet somehow I am really not even an ounce nervous yet. Maybe I am in denial. I figure there is no getting out of it so I shouldn't waste my time worrying about it. Besides every human got here the same way so although it may be the suckiest 12, 16, 24, 36 hours of my life it must be doable and hey at the end you get a pretty cool prize!

2 comments:

  1. You definitely get a cool prize in the end! Totally worth it for all the pushing and pain. I'm so excited for you, and I can hardly believe it's been 39 weeks. It seems like just yesterday I was reading your pregnancy announcement. Ahhh! Just so very excited!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It went crazy fast for me too! I still can't believe it is almost over.

      Delete