Thursday, February 2, 2012

Bad Habits

I have gotten into a really bad habit lately that I need to break. In the evenings, especially on my long Wednesdays, I find myself laying on the couch for a little while only to wake up several hours later. I should just go to bed earlier, but instead I find myself  unconsious on couch at least once a week. Why is this so bad you ask? Take today for example, my husband went to play soccer around 8:30 leaving me unattended. Bam! Next thing I know I am waking up at 11:30 at night without any of my nightly ritual done including treatments. Now here I am past midnight nebbing and doing my treatments. Ugh! I have to wake up in 6 hours, but my little 3 hour nap will surely interfere with my 6 hours left of sleep. Sigh, I think it will take all 9 months of this pregnancy to learn that I need to slow down, not lay on the cough after 8:00, and go to bed earlier! Come June I won't sleep more than 3 hour increments anyway so maybe it is good practice??

2 comments:

  1. Maybe it IS good practice!! To be fair, I don't have a little baby in my belly and I STILL do this. I go upstairs with my husband to take a nap, and I wake up 4 hours later...oops! We even set alarms, but we sleep right through them. My husband and I are sleep addicts....parenthood may be a bit rough for us :) I also know how hard it can be to do your treatments when you're utterly exhausted. Perhaps your body needs that nap so that it can cough and work the way it's supposed to DURING your treatment. Just a thought :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha I totally understand being a sleep addict. Unfortunately my husband falls in the same category so I am sure the first few months (or years) with a baby will be a challenge to say the least. Glad I am not the only one that can take 4 hour naps!! Good point about getting enough energy for my treatments. I will keep that in mind next time I am kicking myself for falling asleep ont he couch!

    ReplyDelete