Sunday, September 8, 2013

Back From My Blog Vacay

I somehow didn't blog for the entire month of August. In the two years I have been blogging I don't think I have ever taken such a long break from blogging. The past month has been a little hectic, but things are calming down again and so I am going to get back to blogging.

One of the reasons my blog took a back seat this past month is that we purchased our very first home. Moving with a one year old proved to be a much harder task than I anticipated, but we are finally in and settled minus a few stray boxes in the garage.

I was recently screened to be on the Vertex drug trials for Double Delta F508s. I was so excited to be given the chance to start this drug trial even though I was really struggling with weaning my daughter as she has no desire to stop nursing. Unfortunately, over the weekend I got sick and my mucus is thicker and darker than I would like it to be. I know I need antibiotics, but I am not sure what that means for the trials. I am hoping I can re-screen, but am worried this cold will make me no longer eligible for the trial.

I had a few questions that were asked of me while I was on my blogging break so I am working on blog responses and they will be up very shortly, I promise!

2 comments:

  1. WOW!!! Congratulations on the brand new house!! How exciting! I love owning our home. :)

    I hope you won't be disqualified because of this illness. I'll be interested to hear what happens, but I sincerely hope you start feeling better very soon. I was approached about the trial as well, but since Sydney is so young and still nursing I turned it down.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, we love owning so far, but nothing has broken on us yet :) I am sure when something does we will wish we could call the landlord!

      I really struggled with the decision because of breastfeeding so I totally understand why you would turn it down with Sydney being so young still. I will let you know how everything plays out!

      Delete