Sunday, January 27, 2013

Then and Now

I remember the days when my belly was swollen so large it was hard to bend over and I could no longer see my toes. Spending hours researching the perfect baby accessories. The quiet calm of yoga Wednesday nights. Rocking in the glider rubbing my belly picturing a tiny little person snuggled up in the crib. The relaxing bubble baths with candles glowing around the tub, Curling up to take a nice afternoon nap knowing baby would be joining us within the coming days.

Fast forward 7 1/2 month....

Scrambling to pick up anything that has dropped on the floor lest my daughter gets to it and decides it is her snack. Proof reading my blog posts while trying to pay my bills on the phone and eat my lunch in hopes to accomplish at least a few things before nap time is over. Loudly singing Baby Baluga in the car to keep the little one satisfied (what is this radio you speak of?), rocking in the glider while milk pours down my stomach and praying very hard that baby will finally fall asleep, having to go number two with a baby trying to climb up your legs cause they just really can't wait to be held, playing shower curtain peek-a-boo to buy enough time to wash the suds out of your hair, and wondering when you will ever get a decent nap again.

Oh motherhood, it is beautiful, awe inspiring, magical, humbling, exhausting, and the most selfless job that ever existed. I wouldn't trade it for the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment