Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Tomorrow..dun dun dun

So first off I want to say THANK YOU so much to everyone that gave their input about my sub job. I really appreciate people that truly understand what it is like to have CF. I feel that so many people cannot even begin to understand what our days entail and therefore can't offer relevant advice even though they mean well. So again THANK YOU!!!!

So I have to say that my first trimester is going quite well. No nausea yet. YAY! I do have one very unusual symptom: my normal love for anything sweet has disappeared. Kinda freaks me out. I have a little pile of Halloween candy (the good stuff too- Snickers, Milky Way) that has been sitting on my dresser for weeks and a tub of ice cream in the freezer that I have barely touched. I worry this baby will be just like his/her father and hate sweets. Yikes, then I would be the only sweet tooth in the house. Could be good...more for me!

On to exciting news: I have my first prenatal appointment tomorrow FINALLY!!!!!!!!! It is amazing how little the nurses and doctors care about your pregnancy until you are at least 8 weeks. I am over here so excited that my life has changed forever and want to badly someone to tell me that everything looks good AND I am trying to be a good mom and get prenatal care asap and the appointment center said the docs refuse to see anyone before 8 weeks unless there is an issue. Uh...really? I have to sit here for a month and wait?! I thought the 2 week wait for the positive pregnancy test was hard and now I have to wait 4 weeks to have someone tell me my little raspberry is okay? Sheesh. Well, enough complaining because tomorrow is the DAY!!! I will be sure to give you every detail after my appointment!!! Fingers crossed all goes well.

2 comments:

  1. How exciting!!! I can't wait to hear all about it, and hopefully you can post pictures of the ultrasounds throughout the pregnancy. I can't IMAGINE how hard that wait would be.

    It seems like with IVF, you're monitored weekly once you get a positive pregnancy test, which will be much more calming. I'm glad I won't have to go through the wait!!

    Oh man, I just can't WAIT to hear about your sweet little one!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It will be so nice for you to be monitored on a regular basis! I fell 100 times better now that we have seen our little one and it will be nice that you will get a weekly update. I will post pics soon.

    ReplyDelete