Sunday, March 27, 2011

I Dread Running!

In my quest to increase my lung function I have decided to start running. Ugh! I HATE running with a passion, but I don't feel like any other for of exercise does enough for my lungs. I have tried every machine at the gym and nothing produces enough sputum for me. I found a website that is supposed to guide you from being inactive to running a 5k. I have not attempted to run since my junior high days so it will be interesting to see how it goes. I am hoping to acquire a runners high after I get good at it which may make me more enthusiastic to hit the treadmill. Here is the link.

I started the work out last week, but am a little behind already. YIKES!! I ended up doing extra yoga last week because I needed to make up some days I missed in the past and so I missed my run. Also in a week I will be out of town for over a week and I know I will not be running for the entire time so I will be remaining on the first step for about 3 weeks. Wow that sounds pathetic.

I am schedules to run tomorrow so we will see how it goes. Wish my luck and fast feet :)


No comments:

Post a Comment