Saturday, December 29, 2012

Baby's First Christmas

We had an amazing first Christmas with Kaylee! Luckily, despite the fact that my hubby and I both got sick before Christmas we were back to our normal selves by the time Christmas actually rolled around. I usually get colds 10x worse than hubby, but for once I only showed symptoms for about 48 hours and didn't have my typical non.stop.cough that goes on and on and prevents me from sleeping and eventually causes me to lose my voice. I guess you can call it a Christmas miracle. But poor hubby had fevers and the shakes for a few days and cold symptoms much longer. I think this is the first time in our entire relationship that he got hit much harder by a cold/illness.

As for Christmas we were showered with love and family and I couldn't have asked for anything more. Kaylee sat through a long and busy extended family Christmas without so much as a fuss. Despite missing her third nap she was in good spirits. She did nurse about 4 times while we were at my parents house which is crazy excessive, but I think the commotion and activity made her need to have a little snuggle/nurse time. I never turn down a snuggle nursing session so I didn't mind one bit!

Some of my favorite memories were watching my daughter sit on my dad's lap banging on a tin box, listening to Kaylee chit chat to my sister, and seeing her all curled up fast asleep on my parents couch at the end of the night. I can't wait for what future Christmases have in store for us.


2 comments:

  1. Sounds like it was a great Christmas in your household!! I'm glad you are back to feeling better :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I hop you had a wonderful first Christmas as a family of three as well!

    ReplyDelete