Sunday, January 13, 2019

Daisy

I am in my second year of being a Girl Scout troop leader. The first year there was a steep learning curve, but this year I feel like I am in my groove. Working with kids is something I enjoy and have a lot of experience with, but things like cookie sales (!!!) was a lot more complicated than I thought. And oh my goodness, a lot more work than I expected. Thankfully, this time around (we are currently in the midst of cookie sales again) the whole process is much less of a mystery and at least I know what I am doing even though it is still a lot of work!


The girls are obviously all a year older than last year and I can't believe how much one measly year makes in attention span, behavior and ability to really work together! It is so much more fun now that they are getting bigger and I hope that as the girls keep getting older we can take on more ambitious activities and outings. I know eventually camping becomes a big part of girl scouts (we are trying to do an overnight at the zoo this year), but because of all my treatments and medical equipment I am not sure how that is going to be possible for me to be a part of. Having CF means roughing it is pretty impossible. I need electricity for my Vest and nebulizers at the very least. But luckily for now, our kids are still little and we aren't planning on spending a weekend in the woods anytime soon.


This school year we have gone on a few outings. Before winter breaks we went to a planetarium and a science museum. We went to a community college to look through their telescope and saw planets, a nebula, and even saw another galaxy! I took astronomy in college, but our telescopes were nothing like this so it was a super cool experience for me too! We also went caroling around Christmas and everyone went ice skating.


It has been so much fun organizing activities and going out and experiencing new things with these girls.

No comments:

Post a Comment