Saturday, June 17, 2017

Why Don't I have CF

Kaylee: "How did you get CF mom?"
Me: Very simple explanation of genetics.
Kaylee: "So why didn't I get CF?"
Me: "Well, mommy gave you one CF gene, but daddy did not give you the gene. You need 2 genes to have CF.
Kaylee: clearly upset, "WHY didn't daddy give me the gene? I want CF just like YOU!"

*a few seconds later*

Kaylee: "Will my kids have CF? Because if they do I will be really jealous!"

Can my daughter always be this naïve and innocent when it comes to my disease? And can I always remain perfect in her eyes? No? I guess I should enjoy it while it lasts.

3 comments:

  1. Definitely enjoy it while it lasts! It will be gone before you know it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know it is coming any day now, but boy do I dread the thought of it!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is super sweet!! She clearly thinks the world of you, just the way you are! :)

    ReplyDelete