Thursday, March 2, 2017

You Know You Have A Chronic Disease When

A few days ago I went to the eye doctor to get a new prescription for contacts. I was filling out the forms they give you to fill out while you are waiting for your appointment. Easy enough. And then I got to the line that asks if you are on any medication. IF?? Wait, if? I sometimes forget everyone's life doesn't revolve around their medication schedules.

I quickly checked the yes box and went to the next line to fill in my medication list. The line they provided was 4 inches long. 4 inches!!  How do I fit 12 medications on a 4 inch line? Oh right, most people don't take 12 medications and in fact a lot of people can skip that line entirely!

You know you have a chronic illness when you need extra sheets of paper to staple to the back of your intake paperwork to fit your medication list.

No comments:

Post a Comment