Saturday, October 12, 2013

16 Months


**Had this in my saved drafts, but never posted. So lets just pretend this was posted in October**

Oh Kaylee,
You are 16 months old today and you love to talk about yourself in third person. The nice thing about this (besides how cute it is) is that you have held off on learning the word, "Mine!" Instead when you want something you say, "KyKy." and somehow that seems significantly less rude. My favorites are when I am eating something and you point to your tiny mouth and say "KyKy", how can I not share! You also love saying, "bye bye" to things like, "bye bye me me" (me me is light night night) when you wake up. Or when you finish eating you say, "bye bye num". You also use this to say, "get away from me" like when I am trying to change your diaper or put you in clothes.

Things You Like: You love love love your baby doll. You breastfeed her, you give her kisses, you shhh shhh her when she is sad. You bring her on walks and in the car. It is fun to see how loving and sweet you are to your baby. 

Things You Dislike: Now that the days are getting shorter you really despise when we are driving and the sun gets in your eyes. The first time it happened I thought you were dying in the back seat. Now I know that my little princess (who from day one acted like death was upon her when the sun shone into your delicate blue eyes) is simply shrieking and curing st the sun. It took you so long to learn to tolerate your car seat and now I get to relive the joys of hearing your screams in the back seat!

What I Like About This Age: Your attention span is so much longer. I can actually get things done around the house while you play with your books, puzzles, feet, whatever. Getting chores done is less of a chore because you are pretty content just playing by yourself. Most of the challenges about babyhood are a distant memory although knew ones naturally have cropped up. I am enjoying toddler hood more and more each day, tantrums and all.

No comments:

Post a Comment